Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Race #13

I had a good feeling about this race before it began, I knew it would be special. My attitude was good and I just thought I'd have fun and be able to run with my heart.

My hunch was true. I ended up with a time of 32:25 which is better than last week and I think a PR. But what made the race neat was that I did the first two miles in less than twenty minutes, which means I was hitting my current goal of a ten minute mile pace. The last mile of the race was pretty much uphill, gradual incline all the way. There were a couple times during that mile when I really wanted to walk, but I kept reminding myself that this was a race! I was hurting at the end but tried to give it a bit of a kick for the last couple blocks.

I don't think the weather was as big of a factor as I was afraid it would be. I did have on three layers of pants and four layers of tops plus a pair of socks I'd gotten at the dollar store the night before on my hands. The only part that suffered were my ears, I didn't bring a hat or headband. I think I'll get out the knitting needles when I get home and start a headband, or maybe I'll start running in one of my titty tams.

I must confess that I really didn't get to see much of Birmingham as I got in after dark and after the race just had time to shower, grab lunch and head to the airport. The snow that was so beautiful on the trees this morning is now all melted.

My next race isn't until January 9, 2010 so I've got a month to run/workout and try and get my pace faster. I know I started this and said I wasn't going to focus on time, but that very narrow streak of competitiveness in me, seems to be getting wider!

The first song on the radio when I got back into the car was John Fogerty's "Centerfield" - "put me in coach, I'm ready to play today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment