Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Monday, December 14, 2009

NC Bonus Race

I learned an important lesson Sunday, don't run a 5K in your fancy bra and panties. Support for a woman requiring anything larger than an A cup is non-existent and chafing will occur in a "place where the sun doesn't shine."

You are probably asking, "why did Camille ran another 5K in NC?" Sunday is my slow 30 to 4o minute run day and I've been struggling with motivation. Even though this was a very good week with regard to sticking to my workout schedule, I thought maybe running with a group of people would help. It did.

I almost didn't make the race start. I got lost finding the race site, had to quickly change in the car five minutes before race time and realized at that point I'd forgotten to bring my jog bra and panties. Hence the lesson learned.

It was a nice challenging run. A lot of up hills of varying grades which gave me a much harder Sunday run than usual but I took it slow and even walked once. I think my time ended up at 35:00, but waiting for official results.

Training continues tomorrow with a three and a half mile run. I added some weight training, primarily upper body and core, into my schedule last week. Will try to do that three times a week. Not sure if it will help my running but maybe it will firm up my mid section and get rid of some of the belly flab before bikini season rolls around again!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Way to run through the fancy bra pain! The more this blog goes on, the more it's screaming book and movie deal!! Saw Julie and Julia this weekend, and LOVED it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete