Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Question

A question for you real runners. Is the first mile and a half miserable no matter what your pace or skill level?

Today was a big milestone for me, I had to attempt a four mile run, with an added challenge for this fair weather runner - we had snow and ice last night. Luckily the roads were pretty clear and only one side street on my route was pretty slushy. I completed the four miles, and a little something, something at the end (no not "that" something, something!) however, did take a one minute walk just after the two mile mark. What I found interesting was that right around the one mile mark, I was hating it. My legs felt like lead, I couldn't breathe and my attitude stunk. Somewhere between the two and three mile marks I started to feel good. Then when I got to my end mark I felt like I actually might have had another half mile to a mile left in me, hence the little bit extra in the end.

I'm now intrigued enough to keep on running and anxious for next Saturdays 4.5 mile attempt. Will run that in Sarasota on what I'm sure will be completely different conditions. Mom, Dylan and I take off for the Sunshine State on Monday. I'm so ready for ten days of warmer temperatures and sunshine

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that the first 10 minutes of any run are the hardest. I completely agree with this. It seems to take a while to warm up. What you are feeling is completely normal!!! Congrats on the run, it sounds like you are making fantastic progress!!!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete