Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Race #32

You can’t make a left turn in New Jersey. I just wanted to pass along that friendly little tidbit of information in case anyone is planning a trip there soon,. I spent far more time trying to get myself in and out of the town of Burlington, NJ than I did running in it! Crazy! But to help me keep my cool as I got caught in the traffic circles, I kept the Sirrus radio on station “E Street Rock.”

The race was at Doane Academy (http://www.doaneacademy.com) to benefit their community service fund. Small race, less than 200 runners but nicely put on. The course was open so we did have to contend with a bit of car traffic and running on sidewalks but all in all a nicely put on race. Almost a mile of the course was along the banks of the Delaware River which was nice as there was still some color on the trees and birds flying about. We were also blessed with some unseasonably warm weather so I was able to run in just shorts and a t-shirt.

Speaking of t-shirts, no one asked me about my shirt or even commented on it. Maybe the people of New Jersey aren’t as curious as people in other parts of the country.

My time wasn’t too embarrassing – 33:43 but I definitely have to get back into training if I want to have respectable times for my last 18 races. Dylan asks me every day: “Did you run?” and so far I’ve had to keep telling him no. I need to shock him tomorrow with a resounding “Yes I did!” I also want to get him out walking once a week so that he can complete the Nebraska 5K in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment