Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another unofficial race

I just got back from the Angels of Hope run at Duke University. This isn't an official run but since I had to run anyway today decided it would be more fun to run with a bunch of other people than by myself. I had a solid 10 mile pace with my time somewhere between 31:05 (my watch) and 31:42 (clock time). Based on last years results this might get me in the top ten of my division, but it will be close. Unfortunately, I didn't feel good during the run and I'm not sure why. There was a good variety of hills and flats, I did all three runs I was scheduled to do this week, I had a bowl of cereal about 2 hours before the race but for some reason I felt like I dragged the entire way. I've got to get a slow hour long run in tomorrow right after church and before I head to Florida for an overnight. I'll be curious to see how that feels.

I booked my first triple crown, trifecta, hat trick - whatever you want to call it - last night. Three races in three weeks. North Dakota May 21st, Ohio May 31st and Wisconsin June 5th. What makes this tolerable is that I should have family and/or friends at each of the races. I may do this again in June/July in ensure that I don't get jammed up next summer trying to get all my races in before the September 25th deadline. My drive to finish this quest kicked into overdrive this past week so I've been plotting out races like a crazy woman!

1 comment:

  1. You got it, Camille! Hope Rhode Island turns out to be th state for you to break 30:00! Can't wait to cheer you across the finish line.

    ReplyDelete