Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

#14

I'm syncing up my titles with the number of states I've run versus the number of races. This way it will be easy to tell how many races I've completed as part of my 50 by 50 in 50 goal.

Today was Texas, and my fingers are still cold! I almost didn't get here due to a big winter storm that blanketed much of the South. I made it to Baltimore but whether or not I was going to make it to Dallas was a bit iffy when I left Durham. Ended up making it into Dallas but the plane didn't make the scheduled stop in Little Rock, AK due to ice at that airport. I didn't mind the direct flight but the people that were trying to get to Little Rock weren't given the "parachute option" so had to wait until today, Saturday, to try and fly in.

I'm staying in Dallas with Amy A. the sister of my good friend Sarah T. The hospitality is much appreciated and I have the added bonus of being very close to the airport and the race site. Though she didn't order up good weather for me. We were chatting last night and I happened to looked out the window and see snow falling! Dallas wasn't supposed to get the white stuff! Luckily it didn't stick so when I got up this morning the roads were clear.

The race was done in connection with the Texas Half, a half marathon warm up for the Texas Marathon held later in the year. The course was flat and should have produced a fast time but I ended up at 32:47. I was disappointed but so it goes. The course was around White Rock Lake and the wind coming off the water was miserable. At one point my face became so numb I truly could not feel it. I did have on my new tights and appreciated the warmth. I forgot a hat so only had a small headband that covered most of my ears. Luckily Amy lent me some gloves or I don't think I would have made it. The announcer at the end said you'll always remember your coldest race - and so far this is it!!

Next weekend is the Krispy Kreme Challenge. I was telling the workers in the Starbucks store I stopped in after the race and they admitted it was crazy but sounded like fun. I'm going to concentrate on the running part of that race - see if I can get a fast two miles at the start.

1 comment:

  1. Erin sent me your blog and I love it. Hope you two have a blast at the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete