Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Texas Training

I've been rather faithful to my training schedule these past two weeks. Except for horrible lower back pain, things are going well. Today I spent time on the elliptical, treadmill and stationary bike as well as resistance training for my arms and core. Tomorrow is my "hair salon" run. A quick 1.5 miles while mom is getting her hair done. I may run the route backwards, just to mix it up a bit. (Clarify, I'm going to reverse the route, not run facing backwards!)

I just checked last years results for the Texas race and if I ran at the same pace I did in Arizona, I would have placed second in my division in that race. I know, I know, I know, this is not about winning it is about staying committed to an exercise plan. But I can't help myself! Maybe Hank M. was right and I need to shoot for 8 minute miles! At this point that just doesn't seem possible but if I can consistently hit 31 minutes for the next few races - I'm going to start working toward breaking 30 minutes and who knows what will be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment