Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Motivation

How do people stay motivated? Last week should have been a hardcore week of running and working out but on both Friday and Saturday I found excuses not to run or work out. It makes me so mad because not only do I need to train but I do feel so much better when I exercise. I had a nice run Sunday but only went 3.1 miles when I should have gone farther.

It is rainy today so I'm going to head to the gym this afternoon and do some sprints on the treadmill. In fact, I'm going to try an 8 minute pace for my quarter mile sprints. If you hear a big thunk around 2:30pm EST, it is me being thrown off the treadmill!!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm? I stay motivated by signing up for races, but you've obviously already done that, so I'm probably not the best person to answer your question, but maybe you could set a weekly mileage goal for yourself, and you'll be more motivated to go run if you haven't hit it yet, and if you have hit it then you deserve the days off! I see you've added April 17th to your schedule! We are SOOO excited! You'll have lots of running partners and people cheering you on because most of my family will be running in the race, and the entire SLC Blommer crew will come out to cheer! I'm thinking we may even be able to talk Becky and Nate into running the 5k too! Also, we have a guest bedroom, and we'd love to have you stay here, so don't book a hotel. Plus, the 19th is Mike's b-day, so we'll have to work some cake in somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign up for the SLC Marathon 5k by 10/31/09, and it's $5 cheaper! Go here: http://www.saltlakecitymarathon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm signed up and very excited! I'm expecting not only Becky and Nate but also Eric, Kathy and Amy to run as well. If you two can run 26.2 miles they can run 3.1 Put the pressure on them!!

    ReplyDelete