Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Camille

Sharing my birthday with some of the Bunco Babes - Grace, me, Carol and Krista
Tick tock the clock is really ticking now. In twenty-four months this will all be over! Friday was my birthday, 48th (or as Mr. Poole would say "Well, you're in your 49th year now"), and I spent it with the bunco babes in Florida. They didn't realize when they arrived at Lynn D.'s house that they were going to be celebrating my birthday, but they rose to the occassion and helped me have a great time.

I didn't do a birthday run, but the next day when I got back to NC I did some good hill work. I actually made it up the Jackie Robinson hill three times and worked on sprinting up the hill instead of just dragging up as I've done in the past. It has turned hot in NC again so last week I had to workout inside. I'm trying to mix up hill work, sprints and runs longer than 3.1 miles. I did a 4.5 mile treadmill run one day and it felt pretty good. The pace wasn't very fast but I want to get up to six miles before the summer.

As you can see I've registered for a number of races for the winter months. I'm still looking for races in Georgia, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arizona and New Mexico during the months of November through March. If you see anything that looks like fun, drop me a line and let me know. Also, I've decided that my final race in September 2011 will be in Minnesota, probably in the Minneapolis area. Put it on your calendar and plan on joining me for the final run and big celebration.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday To You!!! Hope you had a great b-day, and nice job on the hills and the 4.5 mile run! If it works with your schedule you should try and hit SLC on April 17th (2010) and do the Salt Lake Marathon 5k while Mike and I are doing the marathon. A bunch of people in my family will be doing the 5k as well! And, BTW, Sammy is well past the worm stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there for the 5K and to cheer you two on for the "real" race! Looking forward to meeting you family, and tell Eric and Kathy I'm expecting them to run with me.

    ReplyDelete