Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Race #10

I've never had so much fun being so miserable! www.denvergorillarun.com

I'll get the "time" issue out of the way right away. I posted a 53:05. No that is not a transposition error, it took me just under an hour to go 3.5 miles. Now there are a lot of mitigating circumstances: I was running in a full gorilla suit, the temperatures soared into the 50's so I was overheating, altitude (this is the mile high city), I spent the last few weeks on vacation in Florida and didn't run, while in Florida the Liquor Pigs came for a long weekend for hardcore eating and drinking (of which I did partake). I promise to get back on a workout schedule.

I did have another small world story. Before the race when we were all starting to gather, I commented to this gal that I liked her handbag. This of course led to conversation and she let slip that she was from Tampa, had come in on Friday just like I had! Like me she was running the race just because she could!

I'm going to let the pictures do most of the talking for this post - words just don't do it justice.

Dress rehearsal at home - all dressed up and ready to run!


At registration - helping out with a publicity photo for hand and feet warmers


"Paging Doctor Kildaire, paging Doctor Kildaire!"

Top Banana

yes, we have no bananas!

Are you good witch or a bad witch?
Speaking of witches, I went to see Wicked Friday night at the Denver Performing Arts Center. Another one of those situations where going solo pays off, there was a single seat in the 11th row, center. The performance was absolutely fabulous! I didn't really know what the story was about except that it had ties to the Wizard of Oz. For those who don't know, it is the story of the childhood of the wicked witch of the west (or east, I'm never quite sure). I recommend it highly.

Continuing on with the benefits of going solo. Wednesday night I had to decide whether to stop at the gym for a final workout before my Denver trip or go by the Durham Performing Arts Center and see if there was a ticket for the Roger Daltry show. Roger won out. Not only was there a ticket in the orchestra section, but they comped me - show, free!! Roger's voice is all but gone, but the show was just too fun. He did a lot more Who songs than I thought he would and of course the crowd just loved it. And in true aging rocker style, he couldn't resist unbuttoning his shirt bit by bit as he went through the set list until it was completely undo for "Teenage Wasted!" Thank goodness he isn't still taking it all the way off, his abs aren't what they used to be!

I digress, back to the race.
The smallest gorilla

Technology has found its way to the jungle, ugghhhhhh!!!!




Invading gorillas
Camille finally makes it to the finish line!
Later Saturday night. I just finished having dinner at an Italian restaurant on 17th St. called Panzano. If you are ever in Denver go there and have the mushroom crepes! As well as anything else on the menu as the shrimp I had was great and everything I saw them cooking looked wonderful. www.panzano-denver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment