Camille's Dead Freakin' Last Run - SIGN UP TODAY!!

THE BLOG IS BACK!! Looks like I can now publish posts to the blog so over the next few weeks I'll get caught up and upload information and pictures of the big event!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Running for the joy of it

I started running outside this week. The temperature got below 80 as did the humidity. I also wanted to work on running for the simple joy of running and knew I couldn't achieve that on the treadmill.

So my first day out, I grabbed a cookie in each hand and decided to run to my friend Rachel D.'s house. Rachel's house isn't far from my mom's house and is in the same neighborhood as my elementary school, Club Boulevard Elementary. Getting to her house meant I couldn't avoid some hills and instead of dreading them I just ran up them, no more whining.

All week I've stopped at Rachel's house but she hasn't been home so I kept on running. I ran through the park, past the school and down various streets in the area. It has truly been a run down memory lane. I went down Colgate Avenue and remembered that one of the first friends I made when moving to Durham was Marcie C. She was also the first person I knew whose parents got divorced. At ten years old I understood what divorce was but couldn't imaging it happening to anyone I knew - times sure have changed! Running over Ellerbee creek reminded me of the deer I saw one morning walking to school with Mike C. No one believed us until we went down in the creek and showed them the deer tracks. I remembered yelling when walking under the highway bridge just to hear the echo. I remember playing pillow polo in Northgate park when in junior high and the coach was being stalked by a former boyfriend who would come to the park and sit on the hood of his car and stare at her the entire time, my first introduction to truly creepy behavior.

Overall the runs have been fun and I'm enjoying myself again. Looking forward to my next race in Vienna, Virgina on September 19th no matter how ready I am. I've added a section in the blog to list races I've registered for. If you have any suggestions of upcoming races that look like fun, let me know.

Oh, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my t-shirt. I'll get a picture of it as soon as it comes in. You can have one by just signing up to run with me at one of the races!

2 comments:

  1. Ok Camille! Mom just shared this with me. You know you have a place to stay for Rhode Island. You can do it! www.coxrhoderaces.com (we can make jokes about the title later) Hope to see you at the wedding! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can't wait for my T-shirt!! When are you coming to SLC? We're going to go sub 30 together, so you better get some high altitude training in!

    ReplyDelete